Laptops come with cameras but you can make the windows disabled in-built camera in your computer device. There many reasons why the camera was incorporated with the computer device but if you are performing a task that makes you not to feel comfortable with the camera been set on, then you can disable the camera.
The Windows In-Built Camera Events
Most laptops and other forms of computer device comes with cameras and microphone attached as well. This two feature can help in proper conversation.
However, most at times there are virus or malware effects that can actually set up some applications in the computer without your permission.
Some people complain that there camera sometimes boots on without them actually activating it, these is not really good.
Most parents actually feel somehow to see their kids making use of the inbuilt camera always which can prop up many issues at home.
I see some people actually place a short tape in front of the camera surface covering the camera surface. It is your privacy and your security that matters most but you should do it the right way.
Well, this is not the best idea and I guess most of them do not actually know that they can disable the camera very easily.
Therefore, you can learn the process to disable the camera and of course when you follow the process, you can activate the camera again.
So this post will guide and give you steps on how to disable the inbuilt camera in your computer device.
NOTE: the steps and process you will be seeing below on how to disable the inbuilt camera is strictly for windows 10, 7 and 8.
Alternatives: Check for Malware or Virus and Apps Making use of the In-Built Camera
I have to lay a little emphasis on this subject because the virus can actually disrupt and make different applications to run.
Maybe the main reason why you got angry that the inbuilt camera misbehaves is because of the abnormal behaviour of the virus.
Therefore, before you follow the steps below to set anything, check your device and know if is really free from virus. You can scan and remove the virus if it is present in your device.
APPS– however, you can also check the apps that are making use of these your in built camera and they you can disconnect.
Before we begin the steps to disable the inbuilt camera I think we should also consider the microphone that comes along with it.
So if you do not want the microphone to be active as well, here are steps to disable the microphone in your device.
Steps to: Windows Disabled Microphone
So let’s get started from here:
- Set up your PC or computer device by booting it.
- Look down below and at the left end, click on the Start button.(right click)
- When it opens, tap on the Device manager.
- Next, you have to click on the down arrow that is next to Audio input and output in that page.
- You will see this feature “internal microphone” right click on it.
- Finally click on the disable.
- Then complete with a YES.
You are done with these process and you can proceed to the inbuilt camera.
NOTE: below are the various steps to disable the inbuilt camera on your windows but I will like to split them and take it one after the other. What I mean is that I will show steps for windows 10 and that of windows 7.
Steps to: Windows Disabled In-Built Camera for(Windows 7)
- The first thing to do is to boot the computer device.
- Locate the start menu which is at left end below the screen.
- When you click on start menu, then tap on the control panel.
- Next step is to select the hardware and sound.
- Then you can select the device manager.
- The page that displays will give options and you select imaging devices and double click on your inbuilt camera.
- Next step, tap on the Driver tab and select disable for the camera inbuilt.
- Complete by choosing YES.
This is the end for windows 7 disable process.
Steps to: Windows Disabled In-Built Camera for(Windows 10)
- Put the device or computer on.
- Use your cursor to right click on the start button.
- Select device manager when page opens.
- Device manager page: when it opens then you select the arrow to expand image devices.
- Next step is to right on the camera’s name and then disable the device.
- Complete and confirm on last page with a YES.
This is the end for windows 10 or 8 device.
However if you want to disable your inbuilt camera from some apps and stop it working for some apps then you will need the steps below.
Steps to: Windows Disabled In-Built Camera for(Windows 10) on Selected Devices
- Put the device on (boot).
- Click on the start menu.
- Select the settings icon in the start menu options.
- Then you can choose the privacy button.
- Do this: in camera option, turn the slider under or put ON to allow apps to access your inbuilt camera.
- Then you can tap on the apps you want to have access to the inbuilt camera and leave those that you don’t want.
I hope you learn something with the steps above, you can practice them and see it working effectively on your windows.